Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

My Guilty Pleasure Homerun Derby

Since the All Star voting is underway and the Homerun Derby will be chosen soon, I thought I'd share my dream Homerun Derby. My choices have nothing to do with how good the player is, but rather their raw power potential.

1. Giancarlo Stanton: He might be the most powerful player in the majors, he has light tower power and I would love to see him hit soft toss pitches.

2. Paul Goldschmidt: Another guy with light tower power. He isn't one of the best players in the game but he's got power to spare and would be an excellent derby canidate.

3. Justin Upton: I love his homeruns. Everyone is a line drive, no doubt shot that seems to carry for forever.

4. Bryce Harper: May be a surprise, but when he's one of two players to every get an 80 on the power rating scale by Baseball America (The other being Stanton) he has to be considered for any homerun competition.

5. Jason Heyward: I went to spring training this past March and got the luxury of watching Heyward take batting practice. He hits balls further than anyone on the team by 30 feet at some times.

6. Robinson Cano: I went to a Yankees vs Indians game at Progressive Field and saw him take batting practice, my jaw dropped. He showed in the derby last year that his power numbers are not a product of the Yankees new stadium, he can hit it out of anywhere with ease.

7. Nelson Cruz: Same as Justin Upton, never a doubt on his homeruns.

8. Josh Hamilton: See 2011. He's one of the best hitters in the game and also happens to be one of the best Derby contestants in recent years.

No comments:

Post a Comment